Temporary 30 Day Permit

Quick Stop Title and Registration can provide you with a 30 Day General Use Permit over the counter. Just come to our store at 9887 W Bell Rd 99Ave/Bell Rd and get your permit today!

Who can obtain a 30-Day General Use Permit?

The current vehicle owner while arranging for one of the following:

  • Sale of their existing vehicle after the license plate/credit is transferred to a newly acquired vehicle; or
  • Repairs needed for the vehicle to pass an emissions test.

NOTE: If the vehicle is sold, the new owner must obtain registration in the new owner's name and transfer title within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of sale.

What do I need to have in order to obtain a 30-Day General Use Permit?

  • Vehicle Information (vehicle ID number (VIN)).
  • Customer Information (the most current driver license/customer number). NOTE: A customer number can be an individual number or an organization number. An individual customer number is your Arizona issued driver license or identification (ID) number, or Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) system assigned number. An organization customer number (business, trust, estate or government) is its Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) system assigned number. 
  • Insurance on the vehicle for the duration of the permit.

How many 30-Day General Use Permits can I get?

  • Only one permit is allowed per vehicle within any twelve-month period.

How is the 30-Day General Use Permit displayed?

  • The 30-Day General Use Permit, which is the top half of the form, must be displayed horizontally in the lower right corner of the rear window so that it is clearly visible from outside the vehicle. The registration, the bottom half of the form, is to be carried in the vehicle.

What do I carry in the vehicle for proof of registration?

  • When the 30-Day General Use Permit is printed, you will need to cut along the dotted line where specified to separate the 30-Day General Use Permit (top half of form) from the registration (bottom half of form). Tearing may destroy the permit. The registration needs to be carried in the vehicle until it is expired or replaced.