Passport Renewal Requirements
What do I need to renew my passport?
- You must submit your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card.
- You must be at least 16 years old when your most recent U.S. passport book and/or passport card was issued.
- Your most recent U.S. passport book and/or passport card was issued less than 15 years ago.
- The U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card that you are renewing has not been mutilated, damaged, lost, stolen or subsequently found.
- Your U.S. passport has not been limited from the normal ten year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation, multiple passport thefts/losses, or non-compliance with 22 C.F.R. 51.41. (Please refer to the back pages of your U.S. passport book for endorsement information). You use the same name as on Your most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card. If you have had your name changed by marriage or court order you must submit proper certified documentation to reflect your name change.
You will need to comply with all 5 bulletpoints to obtain your Passport Renewal. If you do not comply, you will need to go through the Initial Passport Application process.